Recipe Redux is a new cooking challenge founded by three dietitians. This group was founded on the belief that healthy eating should always be delicious. I will be participating in this monthly challenge. As the Latin term “redux” means to revisit or reinvent, we are reinventing the idea of healthy eating with a taste-first approach. We aim to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover.
Each month, we will have a different theme and then on the 21st of the month, we will all post our recipes. At the bottom of each post you can link to the other “Reduxers” and see what amazing dishes they have created. So let the fun begin This month’s theme for the inaugural Recipe Redux is Grilling!
Grilled Flank Steak with Grilled Corn and Peach Salsa
Grill the corn first while the steak is marinating.
Perfectly cooked off the grill!
The final Grilled Corn and Peach Salsa and so yummy!
Grilled Corn and Peach Salsa:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3-4 ears of corn with husks intact
3-4 peaches, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and put onion in medium-size bowl.
2. Carefully pull back husks from ears of corn, but do not remove the husks. Remove silk from the ear of corn. Put the husks back in place and soak in water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat grill on medium heat. Put ears of corn on grill. Turn every 5-10 minutes. If husks start to burn, move off the direct heat and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until corn kernels are tender. Carefully remove corn from the grill – the husks will be hot and allow to cool.
4. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the ear. Add to the bowl with the onion. Add the peaches and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Grill the peaches for extra flavor. In order to grill peaches, choose peaches that are barely ripe for the best results.
On the grill!
On the plate!
3-4 pound flank steak
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup red wine
1. Combine the steak with the garlic and the rest of the ingredients in a large dish or resealable bag. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Heat the grill. Place the steak on the grill and grill 4-5 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Slice the flank steak against the grain and on a diagonal. Serve with the grilled corn and peach salsa.
I served this for our Father’s Day dinner and it got rave reviews from all of the family. Hope you enjoy and get some inspiration from one of the other delicious recipes below:
Grilled Summer Fruit Salad
Alysa Bajenaru – Inspired RD
Grilled Romaine Salad
Nutrition Know How
Danielle Omar – Food Confidence
Grilled Sweet Peppers
Diane Welland – EatWellEatClean
Grilled Beet & Onion Salad with Goat Cheese
The Nutrition Budgeteer
Dr Barb’s Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
EA Stewart – The Spicy RD
Grilled Polenta Veggie Stacks with Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes
Emma Stirling – The Scoop on Nutrition
Char Siu BBQ Pork
Gretchen – Kumquat
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Skewers
Jackie Mills- Delicious Diabetes Cooking
Grilled Proscuitto Shrimp with Asian Dipping Sauce
Jessica Fishman Levinson – Nutritioulicious
Grilled Salmon Burgers with Cherry Chutney
Kat Lynch – Eating The Week
Portobello mushrooms stuffed with spiced couscous
Katie Caputo- East Meats West
Succulent Sirloin Kabobs
Kristen – Swanky Dietitian
Portabella Mushroom Burgers with Grilled Corn
Lisa – Healthful Sense
Grilled Veggie Bean Burgers
Liz Weiss and Janice Newell Bissex – Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen
Mushroom Burgers with the Works, Mushroom Cannellini Spread
Italian Grilled Turkey Burgers
Nicole Ferring Holovach – Whole Health RD
Rebecca Scritchfield – MeFirst
Grilled Plantains: A Sweet Summer Side Dish
Regan – The Professional Palate
Grilled Eggplant & Two-Tomato Whole-Wheat Piadina
Serena – Teaspoon of Spice
Grilled Watermelon Salad