I love creating new recipes for my family that I get to share with all of you. 2012 was a crazy year as I adjusted to life with 2 children and I didn’t have as much time as I would have liked for creativity in the kitchen. Taking part in the monthly Recipe Redux challenges has certainly helped and pushed me in many ways.
I always love hearing from friends, colleagues, clients and family how my recipes or menu plans may have helped them. So it is always fun at the end of the year to take a look back and see which of my recipes were the most popular in terms of page views. The results never cease to surprise me, especially since a few were actually originally posted in 2011.
Top Recipes of 2012:
1. Thai Basil Peanut Pesto was a recipe I created for Recipe Redux back in 2011 due to an overabundant crop. It grows like a weed around my house, reappearing all over the place each summer, which is a tasty problem to have!
2. 2 Ways to Cook Fish in the Slow Cooker was fun to adapt some of our favorite fish recipes for the slow cooker. I love my slow cooker and it really helps me get dinner on the table each week as that is usually a difficult time of day for me to spend much time cooking with 2 little ones clamoring for my attention.
3. Garden Lentil Bolognese is a recipe I created from a faint memory from years ago. I always am on the lookout for good lentil recipes!
4. Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats is a great way to wake up to a steaming bowl of oats without the long wait in the morning since they cook while you sleep!
5. Summer Beverages are 3 different ways to stay hydrated in hot weather that I created while pregnant back in 2011. I drink these regularly in the summer.
6. Mini Rice Krispies Treat Bowl is the brain child of my husband who made these for us quite often this past summer!
7. Honey Whole Wheat Sandwich Buns are a staple in my house, particularly during grilling season. I’ve used the same recipe for hot dog buns as well.
8. Roasted Pumpkin, Squash & Apple Soup is from October 2011 though still one of my favorite soups! So comforting and the essence of fall to me.
9. Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole is a recipe that I make regularly with leftover slow cooker rotisserie-style chicken. Definitely one of my comfort foods.
10. Spring Onion Casserole may be one of my favorite recipes that I made this past year as it was a redux of a family favorite from my childhood. I think I need to make it again soon…..
Here’s to even more time in the kitchen in 2013 and continuing to improve my food photography skills! Bon appetit!